Northern Rivers Community Foundation SCU Bowen Education Fund Scholarship
This scholarship is funded jointly through the Northern Rivers Community Foundation and Southern Cross University and has been awarded to one or two recipients every year since 2009.
$2500 for one year.See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Up to two.
Course of study
- Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Living within the Northern Rivers Community Foundation regional footprint — Tweed Heads, Nimbin, Kyogle, Lismore, Casino, Ballina, Byron Bay and Grafton areas
- One scholarship is to be offered to a commencing school leaver. Wherever possible the second scholarship is to be offered to either a commencing non-school-leaver or a continuing student
- Ability to demonstrate disadvantage or hardship.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to the region through their contribution to their school and/or broader community.
Applicants to this scholarship are strongly encouraged to also apply for an SCU Equity Scholarship.
The selection committee will consider the applicants responses to the general scholarship application questions below.
- The introductory statement (100–200 words) (first question) which includes why they are applying for the scholarship and what they hope to achieve in the future through the completion of their chosen degree.
- Details regarding hardship will be considered in the selection process.