Summerland Credit Union Scholarship
As a major local community supporter, Summerland Credit Union actively seeks opportunities to be involved with many different organisations each year. In 2021, Summerland Credit Union will be offering a three-year scholarship to support a new Bachelor of Business and Enterprise student at Southern Cross University.
See Applying for a scholarship for more information.
Total value is $7,500 at the rate of $2500 a year.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Future student commencing Bachelor of Business and Enterprise at either Lismore, Coffs Harbour or Gold Coast campuses or via online study.
- Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- The applicant must qualify for admission and be enrolled full-time (on-campus or online) in the Bachelor of Business and Enterprise at Southern Cross University.
- The applicant must be commencing the first year of their degree to be eligible to apply.
- The applicant must provide a personal introductory statement (100–200 words) which includes why they are applying for the scholarship and what they hope to achieve in the future through the completion of their chosen degree (see the application form).
- Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo an interview process with the Selection Committee.
Other selection criteria
- Any evidence of outstanding academic performance under conditions of hardship.
- The selection committee will consider the applicants personal maturity and social responsibility as evidenced by contributions to the community and by the comments of the school/college Principal or nominee.
- Living within the boundaries of Burleigh Heads (north), Coffs Harbour (south) and Woodenbong/Bonalbo (west).
- Students considering a major in Business Analytics or Entrepreneurship and Innovation or a specialisation in Accounting or Financial Services are encouraged to apply.