Summerland Credit Union Scholarship
As a major local community supporter, Summerland Credit Union actively seeks opportunities to be involved with many different organisations each year. In 2023, Summerland Credit Union will be offering a two-year scholarship to support a new Bachelor of Business and Enterprise student at Southern Cross University.
See Applying for a scholarship for more information.
Total value is $5000 at the rate of $2500 a year.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Future student commencing Bachelor of Business and Enterprise at either Lismore, Coffs Harbour or Gold Coast campuses or via online study.
Applicants applying for this scholarship must:
- Be Australian citizens or permanent residents including Permanent Humanitarian Visa holders.
- Qualify for admission and be enrolled full-time (on-campus or online) in the Bachelor of Business and Enterprise at Southern Cross University.
- Be commencing the first year of their degree to be eligible to apply.
- Live within the boundaries of Burleigh Heads (north), Coffs Harbour (south) and Woodenbong/Bonalbo (west).
Selection will be based on:
- Academic merit AND
- An assessment of the responses to the Scholarship Application questions including a personal introductory statement (up to 100 words) which includes why they are applying for the scholarship
- Evidence of outstanding academic performance under conditions of hardship
- Consideration of the applicant’s personal maturity and social responsibility as evidenced by contributions to the community
- Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo an interview process with the Selection Committee.
Students considering a major in Business Analytics or Entrepreneurship and Innovation or a specialisation in Accounting or Financial Services are encouraged to apply.