Incident and Hazard Reporting
Southern Cross University’s incident and hazard management solution, RiskWare, facilitates the online reporting, investigation and actioning of all incidents and hazards.
Key features of the solution include:
- Replacing the paper-based Incident, Accident and Hazard Form with an online portal.
Please note: paper-based incident and hazard report forms are no longer accepted.
- Provide online access to all staff and students to report incidents and hazards for themselves and/or other individuals including contractors and visitors.
- Enabling user friendly access both online and via a mobile app to report an incident or hazard.
- Supporting the workflow for the investigation and actioning of reports.
To report a hazard or incident, simply click RiskWare to access the online system using your usual SCU user name and password.
RiskWare pocketSafety application
The reporting of incidents and hazards is also available via pocketSafety on your mobile device. This gives all staff and students the ability to instantly report hazards and incidents, no matter where they are.
To use RiskWare pocketSafety:
- Simply download the pocketSafety app onto your mobile device from the App Store or Google Play
- Once downloaded, open the app
- Before logging in for the first time you will need to:
- Click on the icon next to the Log in button to open the Connection Settings
- Make sure the Connect to riskcloud.NET is checked on
- Select Riskcloud Production
- Type SCU into the Access Code
- Click Save
- Click Login
- Enter your university email address and click next. This will direct you to SCU’s sign-on page
- Enter your normal SCU user name and password
- You will be asked to set a four-digit passcode. This will allow you easy access back into pocketSafety if you forget to log out.
What should be reported?
Hazard: Anything that has the potential to cause injury or disease, damage to the environment, property, plant or equipment.
Incident: Work-related injuries, illnesses and near misses to staff, students, contractors and visitors, including allegations of unacceptable behaviour.
Who should report an incident or hazard?
All staff or students have access to RiskWare using their usual SCU login and password. Any staff or student can log an incident on behalf of someone else, such as a contractor or visitor.
Supervisors and Managers have additional responsibility with respect to investigating and actioning hazards and incidents reported by staff and students under their direction.
Other helpful links
The following resources are available:
Help and further information
If you are unable to access RiskWare, please contact the Technical Services Help Desk.
Enquiries regarding the general use of RiskWare and/or pocketSafety should be directed to Workplace Health and Safety at email@example.com.
Southern Cross University needs this information to meet its obligations under Work Health and Safety legislation. If you do not provide all of the information requested, it may not be possible for the University to investigate the incident or to meet its legal obligations.
The University uses RiskWare Incident Management software to collect and store information on its behalf, and to manage the incident reporting process.
We will use the information collected by us, or on our behalf, for the purposes of investigating the incident, accident or hazard being reported, driving workflows, and case management. We may also disclose information to Safework NSW, Worksafe Qld and the University’s insurers, if required. We may also use de-identified information for statistical and reporting purposes, including in the University’s annual report.
We will treat your personal information confidentially and will not disclose it to third parties without your consent unless we are required or permitted to do so by law.
You may request access and correct your personal information at any time, subject to any exceptions in relevant legislation. If you wish to seek access to your personal information please contact Workplace Health and Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org.