Develops the knowledge and skills required to plan successful events. Students will follow a project-based learning approach, using best practice event planning criteria.
Module1: Events in a modern world
Module 2: The 5Ws and stakeholder theory
Module 3: Creating, managing and running events
Module 4: Inside the planning process
Module 5: Where is my audience?
Module 6: How did we do? Assessing success through evaluation
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||describe the unique qualities of events and their audiences|
|2||examine the range of organisations and stakeholders involved in event planning|
|3||appraise the planning and evaluation strategies of successful events.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe the unique qualities of events and their audiences
- examine the range of organisations and stakeholders involved in event planning
- appraise the planning and evaluation strategies of successful events.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.