Provides students with a sound understanding of the institutions and processes of government and politics in Australia. Emphasises critical thinking through the opportunity to develop and present coherent and persuasive arguments both orally and in writing on important political questions. Develops technological skills through online participation and debate.
- Government in Australia
- Democracy in Australia
- Factors affecting government and democracy in Australia
- Issues for government and democracy in Australia
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||explain the role of political institutions and the people within them as well as concepts such as government and democracy|
|2||identify and explain the factors affecting government and democracy in Australia|
|3||present coherent and persuasive arguments on important political issues|
|4||utilise online research and retrieval systems and access and participate in online activities.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- explain the role of political institutions and the people within them as well as concepts such as government and democracy
- identify and explain the factors affecting government and democracy in Australia
- present coherent and persuasive arguments on important political issues
- utilise online research and retrieval systems and access and participate in online activities.
- Miragliotta, N, Errington, W & Barry, N , 2013, The Australian Political System in Action, 2nd edn, Oxford University Press, South Melbourne.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.