Show me unit information for yearView previous years of our units
UG Coursework Unit
Faculty & College
This unit contains Work Integrated Learning (WIL) activities that require students to meet mandatory fit to practice obligations prior to attending. Failure to comply by the fit to practice deadline will result in the cancellation of your WIL activity. Full details are available at www.scu.edu.au/healthplacements.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
describe assessment and analysis approaches for children with diverse communication needs in line with the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health Framework and other models
provide feedback on results of speech pathology assessments to the client and/or significant others, and discuss goals and management options
demonstrate professional and clinical competence, with a moderate level of support, working with clients in a work integrated learning environment
Prescribed learning resources
- Beukelman, DR, Light, JC, 2020, Augmentative & Alternative Communication: Supporting Children and Adults with Complex Communication Needs, 5th edn, Brookes Publishing..
- Roth, FP & Worthington, CK, 2019, Treatment resource manual for speech-language pathology, 6th edn, Cengage Learning..
- Shipley, KG & McAfee, JG, 2021, Assessment in speech-language pathology: a resource manual, 6th edn, Cengage Learning..
- Yorkston, KM, Beukelman, DR, Strand, EA & Hakel, M, 2010, Management of motor speech disorders in children and adults, 3rd edn, Pro-Ed..
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.