Show me unit information for yearView previous years of our units
UG Coursework Unit
Faculty & College
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
discuss assessment and analysis approaches to adults with diverse communication and/or swallowing needs using the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health Framework and other models
discuss intervention plans and demonstrate their application for adults with diverse communication and/or swallowing needs using the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health Framework and other models
demonstrate professional and clinical competence, with low level support, working with clients in a work integrated learning environment
Prescribed learning resources
- Beukelman, DR, Light, JC, 2020, Augmentative & Alternative Communication: Supporting Children and Adults with Complex Communication Needs, 5th edn, Brookes Publishing..
- Roth, F. P. & Worthington, C. K., 2019, Treatment resource manual for speech-language pathology, 6th edn, Cengage Learning.
- Shipley, K. G. & McAfee, J. G., 2021, Assessment in speech-language pathology: a resource manual, 6th edn, Cengage Learning.
- Yorkston, K.M., Beukelman, D.R., Strand, E.A. & Hakel, M., 2010, Management of motor speech disorders in children and adults, 3rd edn, Pro.Ed..
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.