Ralph Barclay Braun Memorial Scholarship
The Ralph Barclay Braun Memorial Scholarship is awarded to students who have a formal acceptance into the Bachelor of Science with Honours. Students must be based, full-time, at the National Marine Science Centre (NMSC) — and have a supervisor who is based, full-time, at the NMSC. This scholarship will support a student who will be engaged in important research in areas such as Biodiversity, Ecological Interactions, Aquaculture and Sustainable Fisheries. Successful recipients demonstrate outstanding academic achievement in their undergraduate study and are committed to a research career.
Complete application online through My Enrolment. Closes 9 March 2020.
Up to 2
$5000 (two payments of $2500 per session).
See Information for Recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Bachelor of Science with Honours at the Southern Cross University’s National Marine Science Centre.
- GPA higher than 5.5 at the end of their undergraduate degree.
- Provision of a 100-word statement outlining a passion for marine science research and a commitment to developing a research career path.
- A one-page (A4) research proposal.
- Enrolment full-time and on-campus at the Southern Cross University’s National Marine Science Centre in the Bachelor of Science with Honours program.
- Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.