Ralph Barclay Braun Memorial Scholarship
The Ralph Barclay Braun Memorial Scholarship is awarded to students who have a formal acceptance into the Bachelor of Science with Honours. Students must be based, full-time, at the National Marine Science Centre (NMSC) — and have a supervisor who is based, full-time, at the NMSC. This scholarship will support a student who will be engaged in important research in areas such as Biodiversity, Ecological Interactions, Aquaculture and Sustainable Fisheries. Successful recipients demonstrate outstanding academic achievement in their undergraduate study and are committed to a research career.
$5,000 for one yearSee Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments
- Enrolled full-time and on-campus at the Southern Cross University’s National Marine Science Centre in the Bachelor of Science with Honours program.
- Applications should provide a copy of their undergraduate record and must have attained a GPA higher than 5.5 for the last year (or last 8 units if part-time study was undertaken) of their undergraduate degree.
- Provision of a 100-word statement outlining a passion for marine science research and a commitment to developing a research career path.
- A one-page (A4) research proposal.
- An assessment of the applicants 100-word statement outlining their passion for research and commitment to developing a research career path.
- An evaluation of their academic record.
- Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
The National Marine Science Centre (NMSC) is part of the Faculty of Science and Engineering. Located in Coffs Harbour on the east coast of Australia and adjacent to the Solitary Islands Marine Park, where both tropical and temperate currents meet. This interesting setting provides practical opportunities in the study of marine science and management for both students and researchers.Explore the NMSC