How to Apply
International students can choose from the list of courses available to students wanting to apply for a visa to study in Australia. Consider:
- Major areas of study
- Location and teaching sessions
- Professional placements and internships
- Academic and English language requirements
Online courses are not available to international students wanting to study full-time in Australia.
Where your application is sent will depend on the country you are from and the campus you choose.
- Education Agents - View the list of countries that require the help of an Education Agent to apply.
- Apply Online - Use our Online Application and complete the required details, and where required, attached documentation.
Apply online and attach all supporting documents to avoid delays, including:
- Certified copy of academic transcripts (including grading system).
- English language test results (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or other).
- Academic or employer references (if required).
- Advanced Standing application (if relevant).
Advanced Standing refers to previous study or work experience, which may reduce time off the duration of the degree. Please remember to apply for advanced standing at the time you apply, as the credit will determine the study plan.
Southern Cross University recommends your application is received at least three months before you intend to start your study.
Assessing your application
Your application will be acknowledged by Southern Cross University or an approved Education Agent upon receipt (and you will be notified of the outcome within ten days directly)*.
If you are successful, an International Offer Package will be emailed, giving details of what is required to accept your offer. If you are not successful, alternatives may be offered.
The International Offer Package includes the Offer of Admission, Information for Accepting Your Offer, and Offer Acceptance Agreement.
* This time period relates to complete applications for the immediate study period.
Refer to Accepting your offer for the next step in your application.
Southern Cross University has an extensive network of registered Education Agents to assist with your application, depending on which location you choose.
## Please bring your original documents to Australia, as they may need to be verified.
Southern Cross University Education agents for the Gold Coast, Lismore, and Coffs Harbour main campuses
EduCo Education agents for Sydney, Melbourne or Perth
The Hotel School Sydney or Melbourne Education Agents
Applicants from the African continent and the following countries must apply through an Education Agent.
|China (not Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan)
*Higher Degrees by Research and current Southern Cross students are not required to go through an Education Agent.