Show me unit information for yearView previous years of our units
PG Coursework Unit
Faculty & College
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
describe the structure of the legal system and the legal implications of problems and proposals relating to commercial transactions
explain the legal rules and principles in those areas of law that may be encountered by business professionals
analyse the legal aspects of business transactions, consumer protection laws, the duty of care principles in the law of negligence, agency, partnerships and companies, particularly in respect of the rights, obligations, duties and liabilities of agents, partners, company members and directors
analyse the legal issues in complex consumer and corporation situations and apply relevant legal principles to the resolution of these issues, and express this in clear and logical language
Teaching and assessment
Prescribed learning resources
- Commonwealth Government, 2017, Australian Corporations Legislation, LexisNexis, Australia. ISBN: 9780409336863.
- Lindgren, KE, 2011, Vermeesch and Lindgren’s Business Law of Australia, 12th edn, LexisNexis, Australia. ISBN: 9780409328172.
- The following Act may be downloaded, free of charge, from http://www.austlii.edu.au: Commonwealth Government, Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), AUSTLII.
- There is also an eBook version (ISBN: 9780409329018). Students wishing to purchase the eBook (which cannot be obtained via the Co-op) should firstly email their request to email@example.com, who will then provide a Promotion code which enables a 15% discount. The code is then to be redeemed via the publishers Online Bookshop site: https://store.lexisnexis.com.au/. Reference for eBook: Lindgren, KE, 2011, Vermeesch and Lindgren’s Business Law of Australia, 12th edn. ISBN: 9780409329018.
Access to a computer with a webcam and reliable internet connection.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.