Online career assessment tools (SCU students/staff only)
Go to CareerSuccess resources on CareerHub to build your self-awareness by exploring our career assessment tools.
These tools can help your personal and career development through the following assessments:
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator — Assists with understanding your preferences and how these relate to your strengths and possible areas for development
- Career Interest Inventory — Helps with career choices
- Aptitude tests — Assists in preparing for common recruitment screening tests and processes*
You may then like to book an appointment with a Careers Consultant through CareerHub to discuss your results.
* Studies show that practising these assessments will improve your results and chances of reaching the next stage in an employer’s recruitment process.
Why assessments can help
Career assessments develop your self-awareness, and professional identity which helps you make more informed career choices.
As you progress through your course, you should gain knowledge of your discipline and yourself. Together, this knowledge helps you prepare for what you want to do next, by helping you to:
- Make the right choices (e.g. whether to get a job or take a further course of study)
- Make the most of your learning opportunities
- Identify your key skills and where you can apply these most effectively
- Clearly articulate the ‘type’ of person you are
- Identify and develop strategies to deal with things you might find difficult
- Understand how you relate to others in different situations (e.g. team work, leadership/management, socially).
Open the CareerSuccess self-assessment tools.