University Specialist Employment Partnership (USEP)
Developed in conjunction with Australian universities, the GradWISE program is designed to provide specialised support and improve employment opportunities for students living with a disability, illness or injury.
GradWISE complements existing support provided by Southern Cross University by offering a customised coaching program in a one-on-one setting. Its aim is to give you the skills and experience you need to find the perfect graduate role. GradWISE will work with you, and its pool of employers, to make the perfect match and provide all the support you need before and during your employment, for as long as you need it.
Here is what your first six months at GradWISE would look like:
- Initial meeting: Introduction to the GradWISE program and meeting your Career Coach.
- Employability audit: Creating an individually tailored plan to allow the student/graduate to map their dream in reverse. Within this audit the Career Coach will create a competitive CV and start to map the road to success.
- GradWISE masterclass: Monthly GradWISE masterclasses introduce our students/graduate to industry experts, the graduate application process, interview techniques and a range of different topics to help them on their employment journey.
- GradWISE live: Creating a safe space and community to build social safety for our students/graduates where they can share their collective experiences and feel supported.
- Peer support: Connecting our students/graduates with former GradWISE members who have completed the program and have been in employment for 6–12 months.
- NeuroZone coaching: Brain and body optimisation coaching working on the ten foundational drivers to help our students and graduates thrive within every aspect of their lives.
- Mentorship: Linking our students/graduates with a mentor within their desired field to help them navigate the workplace.
- Internship: Linking our students/graduates into supported work place environments to ensure they have the skill set, confidence and knowledge to be able to thrive within the work environment.
- Shadow day: Introducing our students/graduates to supportive employers where they are able to obtain different workplace experiences and build their CV and knowledge of different industries.
- Graduate application: Graduate applications are open every six months — by this stage our students/graduates will have the confidence, experience and exposure to industry to be able to excel in the application process.
If this sounds like the support you’ve been looking for, the GradWISE team would love to chat with you. You can find out more about the program by emailing email@example.com or book a GradWISE Careers appointment.
Your GradWISE Career Coach can assist you with your application in the following ways:
- Review and provide advice on your application documents (i.e. resume and cover letter) prior to your application submission
- Assist you in determining what reasonable adjustments would be suitable for you throughout the recruitment process and graduate program,
- Advise our employer partners of your application and advocate for your reasonable adjustments, should your application progress, or request application feedback should your application not be successful
Make an appointment
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.