Lismore Advantage Program
Study a full-degree at our Lismore campus and receive six months of FREE accommodation*.
Live in the heart of a natural beautiful, creative region and study at one of Australia’s most progressive Universities.
Choose Southern Cross University
Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2019, Southern Cross University is a progressive University with some of the best teachers and researchers in Australia. The Lismore campus offers degrees in environmental science, marine science, engineering, humanities, creative and visual arts, business, law, nursing and health sciences, and Indigenous studies.
The latest Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) results show Southern Cross performing at world standard or above in 23 different research areas, with a top rating in nine of those areas. The Good Universities Guide 2018 gave Southern Cross five stars for student support.
Why choose Lismore?
Lismore is the heart of the Northern Rivers, on the east coast of Australia just inland from the famous Byron Bay. It is less than a 90-minute drive to the Gold Coast and its international airport. Beautiful rainforests, waterfalls and rivers surround Lismore along with farmland and smaller townships, making it one of the most enjoyable places in Australia to live.
- Lismore population: 45,000
- Regional population: 290,000
- Average temperatures: 25 max/14 min
- Average annual rainfall: 1400 mm
Not for everyone, perfect for you
Southern Cross University students at Lismore enjoy a special educational experience. The intimacy of a smaller university and a regional city often lead to unique opportunities.
Students will enjoy campus living within Orion College, part of SCU Village. It includes comfortable accommodation along with a swimming pool, student lounge, outdoor barbecue area and table tennis. The four- and six-bedroom apartments combine the best of independent living with a collegiate and friendly atmosphere of fellow students.
How to apply
- Complete your International Application for Admission with all supporting documents.
- Successful applications will receive an International Offer Package (Offer) which will also include an application form for the Lismore Advantage Project. Students will need to pay for their accommodation bond and utilities to accept.
- New students only wanting to apply for a full degree program at the Lismore campus.
- First six months of accommodation is offered at CLV Orion College.
- Available for Session 2 2019, Session 1 and Session 2 2020 only.