Study Options for International Students

Study options for full degree students

Who is an international student?

If you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen or have permanent or temporary residency in Australia when you start your study, you are considered an international student. International students wanting to apply for a student visa in Australia can only apply for a full-time CRICOS registered course.

Study Abroad

If you are an international student wanting to study one or two sessions in Australia, visit our Study Abroad pages.

If you are an international student at a Partner Institution wanting to study at Southern Cross University as an exchange student, contact the International Office at your home institution.

Outbound Exchange

If you are a Southern Cross University student wanting to study overseas visit International Exchange.


SCU College offers a range of English language and academic pathways at the Gold Coast and Lismore.

Higher Degrees Research

The Graduate School will assist international students wanting to study a postgraduate research degree (Masters by Thesis and PhD) at Southern Cross University.

Advanced Standing

Previous study or work experience may provide advanced standing towards your application. The credit pathways or advanced standing page for more information. Remember to apply for your advanced standing at the time of application.


If you are a future international student wanting to study with us, or need more information about a Southern Cross University degree, please go here to contact us.

If you are a current international student, please visit the Current Student Enquiries page to submit your enquiry at the current students page.