Study a Bachelor of Business (Aviation Management) degree
Southern Cross University, the only Australian university situated adjacent to an international airport, provides the perfect setting for students who want a tailor-made start to their aviation career.
The aviation industry is one of the most dynamic industries on Earth. As technology develops and demand increases, the core skills required by the aviation industry have diversified. Pilots and aviation management professionals need critical reasoning, communication and management skills required to thrive in a complex, highly competitive, global industry.
Southern Cross University provides flexible options to study the Bachelor of Business (Aviation Management).
- Incorporate a fully accredited Commercial Pilot’s Licence into your aviation management degree by completing year two at one of our partner pilot training centres and year one and three at Southern Cross University.
*for students who do not wish to undertake their Commercial Pilot’s Licence they can focus their traditional business degree, majoring in Aviation Management and undertake all three years at Southern Cross University.
Why study for a university degree with your Pilot Licence?
- Commercial airlines prefer pilots who hold a university degree
- Pilots with management skills are often preferred candidates
- Expands your career options within the global aviation industry.
Southern Cross University students enjoy the benefits of collaborative partnerships with leading pilot training centres. Students can obtain a business degree and an accredited Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) in 3 years’ full-time study, as part of a seamless package.
Students who make the most of this unique approach to obtaining their CPL and Bachelor degree will expand the possibilities of their aviation career by extending their skills and ensuring they have additional career options following their career as a pilot.
Training partner: Air Gold Coast
- AVI50215 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence - Aeroplane)
- AVI50415 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Rating) & CASA Multi-engine (Aeroplane) Instrument Rating (MEAIR)
- 12 months full-time
- AU$73,375 (Domestic Student Fee)
- VET student loans available to eligible full-time domestic students
Complete the online application form with Southern Cross University. Students may also be eligible for FEE-HELP.
Southern Cross University works with partners to offer the Bachelor of Business with a Commercial Pilot’s Licence. Students will need to complete the International Application with Southern Cross University and the respective partner organisation:
Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane)
Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Rating)
- Qualification equivalent to an Australian Year 12
- English language comparable to Academic IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5.
What could my aviation management program look like in each year?
Includes units in:
- Applied ethics and sustainability
- Statistical analysis
- Introduction to business law
- Managing organisations
- Accounting and finance for business
- Economics for decision making
- Communication in organisations
- Marketing principles.
Students undertake their commercial pilot training with our approved pilot training centres.
Students return to Southern Cross University to complete their studies in:
- Human factors in aviation
- International tourism destinations
- Competitive strategy
- Aviation management
- Airport management
- Issues in aviation
- Services in marketing
- International business
Gold Coast campus map and airport
Why study a Bachelor of Business (Aviation Management)?
Modern pilots increasingly require a complex set of critical thinking and personnel management skills that are not available in traditional pilot training.
Blue chip aviation companies are increasingly requiring their pilots to act as brand ambassadors and future leaders of their organisation. As there are greater demands on the pilots outside of simply flying a plane, Southern Cross University sets its Bachelor of Business (Aviation Management) graduates with a robust set of auxiliary skills that sets them apart.
A Bachelor of Business (Aviation Management) will develop a student’s robust understanding of the aviation industry; and the cultural and management skills that will set them up for an ongoing career in the global aviation industry.
Video of Southern Cross University's Gold Coast campus
Southern Cross University aviation training partners
Air Gold Coast CRICOS Provider: 03273F RTO code: 32212
Airways Aviation CRICOS Provider: 00296A RTO Code: 31633