Taking leave from SCU

Taking a break from your study (leave of absence)

If you have completed at least one Unit you can apply for a Leave of Absence from your studies. You need to be aware of the conditions that apply which are outlined in the Rules Relating to Awards. See Rule 2 Section 7 — Leave of Absence for a Specified Period for more information. 

Domestic students

To apply for a Leave of Absence go to My Enrolment and submit a Leave of Absence Request. Student Services will send you confirmation to your SCU Email account once your request has been processed

Download a PDF guide on How to Take a Leave of Absence

International students

Please consider the implications that the Leave of Absence may cause, as the University is only permitted to grant a temporary suspension on your studies with limited circumstances, on the basis of compassionate or compelling circumstances (with supporting documents). Please refer to the Enrolment Deferment, Suspension and Cancellation Procedures – International Student.

International Students can not apply through My Enrolment and must complete the Leave of Absence Form - International Students and return their completed form to the appropriate campus contact:

Location Contact
Coffs Harbour
Gold Coast
Lismore National Marine Science Centre
[email protected]
Sydney Hotel School
Melbourne Hotel School
Brisbane Hotel School
Hayman Island
[email protected]
SCU Sydney [email protected]
SCU Melbourne [email protected]
SCU Perth [email protected]