Changing your name
To change your official name recorded with Southern Cross University please submit an eForm through My Enrolment. In the eForm there is a section to upload supporting documentation. All supporting documentation uploaded via your eForm must be scanned certified copies of the original documents.
You may also submit your supporting documentation in-person to your closest campus or via mail. Please be aware that documents received will not be returned, so please do not post original documents. Southern Cross University will not process documents that are just photocopies/photographs, or documents that have not been correctly certified.
We recommend uploading your supporting documentation with your eForm for the fastest service.
Evidence of name change — submit one of the following (certified or original)
Australian Citizens (domestic students)
- Australian Passport (current)
- Full Australian birth certificate — an extract is not acceptable
- Australian citizenship certificate
- Your registered name as recorded by the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (Australian State and Territory) on a Change of Name Certificate
- Deed Poll registered with the relevant Australian authority
Non-Australian Citizens (international students)
- Current Passport
- Government issued national identity papers (offshore international student only)
The person who certifies your documents must be contactable by telephone during normal working hours. They must write on each copy “This is a true copy of the document sighted by me” and include their name, contact telephone number, address and profession. It must be then signed, date certified and stamped with the official stamp or seal of their organisation.
You can find a full list of approved witnesses on the Attorney-General’s Department website here.