Motor Vehicle

Motor Vehicle Insurance

All University vehicles are comprehensively insured. The motor vehicle insurance covers damage to University vehicles, and liability for personal injury and property damage.

Who is covered?

  • Cover applies to authorised University drivers.


  • Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
  • Driving without a license
  • Vehicles in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition
  • Vehicles used for hire or reward
  • Carrying more passengers or a heavier load than that for which the vehicle was constructed
  • Transport of dangerous goods other than as declared to the insurer. Transport must comply with relevant legislation and regulations

For all claims the insurance excess or cost of repairs is payable by the relevant work unit.  A claim form can be requested from [email protected].

Please refer to Insurance Certificates and Guides for the following:

  • Motor Vehicle Insurance Guide

Drivers should be familiar with the University’s Motor Vehicle Policy.  See also University Fleet and Vehicles.

All University Protections are subject to terms, conditions and exclusions.

Consideration should also be given to appropriate measures to manage risk associated with University activities.