Motor Vehicle Insurance
All staff hiring or operating vehicles in connection with their work should have read and should comply with the Motor Vehicle Policy. Details of the procedures to be followed in the event of an accident are contained within each university vehicle. The motor vehicle insurance policy is subject to various exclusions including:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving without a license
- Vehicles in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition
- Vehicles used for hire or reward
- Carrying more passengers or a heavier load than that for which the vehicle was constructed
An excess, payable by the relevant work unit, applies to all claims.
For assistance with vehicle matters, please call Fleetcare on 1300 655 170. This phone number is a "one stop shop" for all vehicle issues and support is available to SCU drivers 24/7.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (02) 6620 3320.