Public Liability, Professional Liability and Malpractice
Covers liability for personal injury, property damage, or advertising injury caused by an event in connection with University business.
Covers liability in connection with the University’s professional services (e.g. analytical, and consulting services).
Covers liability for claims arising out of any negligence in the provision of health care.
Who is covered?
- Staff - while undertaking activities as an employee of the University
- University Council Members - while undertaking activities as a Council Member of the University
- Students of the University - while undertaking University-approved activities (including research, practical placement etc)
- Adjuncts and other honorary appointees - while undertaking activities as an honorary appointee of the University
- Volunteers - while undertaking authorised activities of the University
For more information:
Current certificates of cover are available on the Insurance Certificates and Guides page.
Consideration should also be given to appropriate measures to manage risk associated with University activities.