Personal Accident Insurance

Personal Accident Insurance covers Southern Cross University students injured while on campus or engaged in a university course of sport-related activities including, practical placement.

Staff, University Council Members, and honorary appointees are covered while engaged in University endorsed activities for which Workers Compensation would not apply.

The cover includes any necessary direct travel to and from such activities.

Please refer to Insurance Guides and Certificates for the following:

  • Personal Accident Insurance Guide
  • Personal Accident Insurance Certificate.

Consideration should also be given to appropriate measures to manage risk associated with University activities.


All accidents and incidents must be reported via Riskware. This would generally be done by you but it can be done on your behalf by someone else e.g. your Course Supervisor.

Potential claims should be notified by emailing insurance@scu.edu.au at the earliest opportunity.

See also the Personal Accident Insurance Guide in Insurance Guides and Reference Materials as per the link above.