Casual room and video conference bookings
Staff, students and external hirers wishing to book/hire rooms should complete the Room Booking Online Form and submit for processing. A copy of the submitted form will be emailed to the provided email address for your records.
- casual room bookings at Lismore and Gold Coast campuses;
- video conference bookings at Lismore, Gold Coast, Coffs Harbour campuses and Coffs Harbour National Marine Science Centre. N.B. Staff only
A confirmation email will be sent. No event should be advertised prior to receiving the confirmation. Student Administration Services will oversee bookings and any further assistance or follow up that may be necessary can be directed to 02 6626 9353.
Email and contact details
Event and Room Bookings
Phone: 02 6626 9353
Venue hire cost
Hire charges are based on the type of venue and fit out of the space. There is no additional cost for use of the audio-visual equipment where it is supplied as standard with the room.
Additional charges will apply if the services of an audio visual technician are required/compulsory, or if extra cleaning or equipment is requested for your event. There may also be additional costs for security or other items.
Gold Coast and Lismore facilities
|Room Type/Seats (Capacity)||Room Hire Half Day|
4 hours or less
|Room Hire Full Day|
Longer than 4 hours
|Flat Teaching Space (30–100)||$150||$250|
|Theatre Small (40–280)||$250||$450|
|Lismore Theatre (500) and Gold Coast Theatre (560)||$600||$1,200|
|Science Laboratories* (Nursing, Chemistry, Midwifery, Engineering)||$350||$650|
|Function Room** (Gold Coast only)||$300||$500|
* Science Laboratories will also incur additional costs for consumables, specimens, lab or equipment setup/teardown or any other requirements.
** Function Room capacity of 150 standing/theatre style. Fitted with 50 moveable chairs and 20 flip top tables. 5 cocktail tables and 18 high chairs on balcony. Adjoining kitchen fitted with fridges, microwave and dishwasher. Additional furniture or catering equipment requirements will need to be sourced by the hirer. Standard Function Room setup includes stage (4m × 3m), lighting and 2 large LCD screens. See Function Room photos below.
NOTE: all rates/fees are GST inclusive and are current as at 17 June 2019 and are subject to change without notice and will require a written confirmation of quote before acceptance of booking.
Audio-visual and Technical Support Services
This service is available to Southern Cross University Staff and authorised external organisations. Charges may apply to external organisations or events organised for external organizations where other fees apply (e.g. Enterprise Centre events) or internal events which fall outside standard business hours or operations.
|Time/Day of event||Cost|
|Business hours (9am–5pm weekdays)||$80 per hour (minimum of 4 hours)|
|After hours (5pm–10pm)||$90 per hour (minimum of 4 hours)|
|Weekends||$120 per hour (minimum of 4 hours)|
- All hires that require Audio-visual or technical support will require at least 2 business days’ notice for simple events and a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice for complex or large events.
- Complex or Large event services may include complex staging and streaming/recording. Prices will be quoted on request.
- These prices are a guide only which can be tailored to suit individual event requirements. Quotations will be sent to the hirer with additional associated costs for the activity including security, cleaning and other applicable charges. These charges will need to be accepted before any External Hirer bookings are made.
Service and facility fee
It is necessary to ensure your room is open, available and clean. A Service and Facility Fee will be charged on all bookings to cover a standard open and close and clean of your venue.
When a room booking fee waiver is applied to a booking, the Service and Facility Fee may still apply for the cost of cleaning if the room is not satisfactory after a reasonable single use.
All other teaching spaces and facilities including Sports Hall, Music and concert spaces, Visual Arts and Lab spaces are hired at the discretion of the Examinations, Progression and Timetable Manager in consultation with the relevant Manager/Coordinator of the required spaces.