Casual room and video conference bookings
Southern Cross University staff and students wishing to book the following services should complete the Room Booking Online Form and submit for processing. A copy of the submitted form will be emailed to the provided email address for your records.
- casual room bookings at Lismore and Gold Coast; or
- video conference bookings at Lismore, Gold Coast, Coffs Harbour, National Marine Science Centre and The Hotel School Sydney.
A confirmation email will be sent. No event should be advertised prior to receiving the confirmation. The Timetable Team will oversee bookings and any further assistance or follow up that may be necessary can be directed to Timetables on 02 6626 9353.
Email and contact details
Lismore Timetables Team
Tel: 02 6626 9353
External booking of campus facilities — Lismore and Gold Coast
If you are a group or organisation external to the University, you should download the External Room Booking Form, complete it then email it to the Timetable Team for processing. Emailing the form is preferred. A confirmation email will be sent.
Venue hire cost
Hire charges are based on the type of venue and fit out of the space. There is no additional cost for use of the audio-visual equipment where it is supplied as standard with the room.
Additional charges will apply if the services of an audio visual technician are required/compulsory, or if extra cleaning or equipment is requested for your event. There may also be additional cost for security or other items.
Gold Coast and Lismore facilities
|Room Type/Seats (Capacity)||Room Hire Half Day|
4 hours or less
|Room Hire Full Day|
Longer than 4 hours
|Flat Teaching Space (30–80)||$150||$250|
|Lismore Theatre Small (80–250)||$250||450|
|Lismore Theatre (500) and Gold Coast Theatre (560)||$600||$1,200|
|Science Laboratories^ (Nursing, Chemistry, Midwifery, Engineering)||$350||$650|
* Science Laboratories will also incur additional costs for consumables, specimens, lab or equipment setup/teardown or any other requirements.
NOTE: all rates/fees are GST inclusive and are current as at 18 January 2018 and are subject to change without notice and will require a written confirmation of quote before acceptance of booking.
Audio-visual and Technical Support Services
This service is available to Southern Cross University Staff and authorised external organisations. Charges may apply to external organisations or events organised for external organizations where other fees apply (e.g. Enterprise Centre events) or internal events which fall outside standard business hours or operations.
|Time/Day of event||Cost|
|Business hours (9am-5pm weekdays)||$80 per hour (minimum of 4 hours)|
|After hours (5pm – 10pm)||$90 per hour (total booking must be more than 4 hours)|
|Weekends||$120 per hour (minimum of 4 hours)|
- All hires that require Audio-visual or technical support will require at least 2 business days’ notice for simple events and a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice for complex or large events.
- Complex or Large event services may include complex staging and streaming/recording. Prices will be quoted on request.
- These prices are a guide only which can be tailored to suit individual event requirements. Quotations will be sent to the hirer with additional associated costs for the activity including security, cleaning and other applicable charges. These charges will need to be accepted before any External Hirer bookings are made.
Service and facility fee
It is necessary to ensure your room is open, available and clean. A Service and Facility Fee will be charged on all external bookings to cover a standard open and close and clean of your venue.
The fee for Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm is $125 inc. GST.
When a room booking fee waiver is applied to a booking the Service and Facility Fee may still apply for the cost of cleaning if the room not satisfactory after a reasonable single use.
All other teaching spaces and facilities including Sports Hall, Music and concert spaces, Visual Arts and Lab spaces are hired at the discretion of the Examinations, Progression and Timetable Manager in consultation with the relevant Manager/Coordinator of the required spaces.