Student Advocacy Service
As part of the National Student Representation Protocols, a Student Advocacy Service is now available across all campuses and to all students of Southern Cross University; undergraduate, postgraduate, internal, external, international and domestic.
The Student Advocacy Service provides free and confidential advocacy in relation to the academic and procedural rules and regulations of the University. This includes assistance, advice and/or advocacy for such things as:
- Special consideration requests
- Grade disputes
- Appeal processes, submissions and representation
- Lodging a grievance or complaint
- Student misconduct (academic and non-academic)
- University rules and regulations
- Enrolment issues
In addition to this, the Student Advocacy Service may also provide assistance, advice or referral for a broad range of issues that affect a student's ability to maintain their studies at Southern Cross University. This may include;
- Centrelink problems
- Residential tenancy advice and referral
- Discrimination and harassment
- Work and Development Orders (unpaid fines)
The Student Advocacy Service is an independent service that works to represent student’s interests, within the academic and procedural rules of the University. Advocates are independent from decision-makers and do not make academic or procedural decisions. The Student Advocates work to support student progress and success. The Student Advocacy Service ensures that students are fairly represented by providing relevant information, referral and advice as well as acting as an advocate, liaison or support person.
The Student Advocacy Service is a free and confidential service available to all enrolled students.
Your student advocacy team can be contacted at:
Shop 9A Goodman Plaza — next to the Student Common Room
- Shae Brown (Senior Student Advocacy Officer): 02 6626 9232 — email@example.com
- Viv Walsh (Student Advocacy Officer): 02 6626 9622 — firstname.lastname@example.org
B4.31 — Building B, Level 4, Room 31
- Anne Kinny (Student Advocacy Officer): 07 5589 3164 — email@example.com
The Student Advocacy Service in Coffs Harbour is temporarily closed. Should you require assistance, please contact one of the Advocates listed above.