Grades — Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
An Incomplete or Not Available grade means your grade was not finalised prior to grades publication date. This could be because:
- All assessment items are submitted but the grade has not yet been finalised
- There are assessment item(s) yet to be submitted, e.g. you have been granted special consideration and the due date has been extended.
Contact your Unit Assessor if you have concerns and continue to check your grades in My Enrolment.
The Student Assessment and Examinations Rules regarding the process for querying final grades is available in the SCU Policy Library. It provides essential information about your responsibilities, rights and deadlines regarding final grades queries and appeals.
If you are on student sanctions, you will not be able to access your grades in My Enrolment until the sanction is removed. Invoice and payment details for all overdue fees and charges are available in My Enrolment.
To have the student sanction removed, you must pay all of your overdue fees and charges and advise the University payment has been made.
We understand that there are a range of factors that may impact on your academic performance. We encourage you to access the support services available to you.
- Contact your Faculty or Client Services Team. Were you enrolled in too many units? How can you better plan your course progression?
- Visit Academic Skills Development team — find out about the services and resources we offer for internal and distance education students.
- Access the student support resources available for you — we have counsellors, career services, advocacy support, disability and equity support and more.
- Check out the Special Consideration process - perhaps your personal or health situation is affecting your performance.
All questions regarding final grades should be directed to your Unit Assessor in your School or College in the first instance.
If you are not satisfied and wish to formally query your final grade, more details on the process can be found in the Student Assessment and Examination rules.