How to enrol videos
How to video guides on this page include:
- How to enrol in to units at Southern Cross University
- How to find your Course Progression at Southern Cross University
- How to add Major or Minor to your Study Plan at Southern Cross University
How to enrol video – transcript
This video is a guide to assist you with enrolling in to units at Southern Cross University.
Before you can enrol in to units please note that you must have first:
If you are not sure which units to enrol in, you can refer to the 'How to find your Course Progression' video or you can contact us, the Client Services team for more information.
How to enrol into unit/s
- Open and log in to My Enrolment using your student ID and password.
- Navigate to the Study Plans tab. Click ‘Select’ on the course that has an ‘Admitted’ Status. The Admitted status indicates that you have accepted your offer and have been admitted into your course. If you have previously applied or passed a course with Southern Cross University, this will be displayed here.
Your Study Plan page shows you a list of your course units including core units and the elective and major options for you to choose if required as part of your course structure.
A helpful function on your study plans page is this search bar at the top, you can search for units that are available by selecting the year, session and campus location you wish to enrol.
The units that are available to enrol in to will be highlighted in blue, as you can see on this study plan. This is the same if you were to come to your Study Plan and scroll down to find the units from your Course Progression without using the search function at the top.
- Choose the location and session/study period you wish to study in by using the drop-down options under the unit/s that you are enrolling in to.
- Tick the checkbox on the right-hand side of the screen, next to the unit or units you are selecting.
- Click ‘Enrol’ at the bottom of the screen.
The next page is your potential enrolment list, here you check that you have chosen the right units, session and location before clicking confirm enrolment or you can go back and make changes.
Your enrolment confirmation is indicated by the green tick next to the units and the Success notification in green at the top. You can withdraw, reselect or cancel your unit enrolment from the bottom options.
To confirm your units are enrolled, select ‘Current enrolment’ from the left-hand side menu bar. This page will display any other units that you have already enrolled into and the Census date for each unit. You can email yourself a copy of your enrolment by choosing ‘Email my Enrolment Advice’ at the bottom. This will be sent to your student email address and outlines the units you are enrolled into.
How to add an Elective unit to your study plan
- From the Study Plans tab in your My Enrolment you can view the Elective units available for your course by navigating to the Elective line in your study plan which is easily identified by the letter E.
- Tick the ‘Choose’ box at the far-right hand side to display the Elective units.
- Using the drop-down bar choose select ‘Electives’ and then click Search
- Decide on an Elective unit you would like to add to your enrolment. Choose ‘Add to Study Planner’.
- Click ‘Save Changes on Study Planner’ at the bottom of the screen or you can use the other options ‘Choose a different Study Plan’ or ‘Discard changes and return to Study Plan’.
- Once you have clicked ‘Save Changes on Study Planner’ the Elective will now appear on your study plan and you can return to your Study Plan and enrol into available units as previously instructed.
What happens after enrolment?
- After you enrol in units your Southern Cross University access accounts will be created overnight.
- Your Southern Cross University email account is one of the systems that are set up and it will be used for all correspondence. You will need to check this regularly.
- You can find your username and student email in the MySCU Details tab in My Enrolment. Your username will allow you to log in to all Southern Cross University systems.
- You will be able to register in to your classes once Class Registration opens for the upcoming session. You will be notified by email when this happens.
- You can log in to your Blackboard learning site a few weeks prior to the classes starting to find more unit information and prepare for classes.
- It is recommended that you become familiar with the Key Dates for the current year.
- For more information go to scu.edu.au/current-students/
This Video is prepared by Client Services within Student Administration Services at Southern Cross University. If you require any assistance after watching this video, please feel free to contact us.
How to find your Course Progression – Video Transcript
This video is a guide to assist you with finding your Course Progression at Southern Cross University.
A Course Progression is a suggested enrolment pattern. We always recommend that you follow the enrolment pattern, that way you will complete the foundation units before you complete the advanced units and you will not run in to any pre-requisite knowledge issues or timetable problems.
If you are unable to follow the Course Progression for any reason, we recommend you contact us, the Client Services Team to discuss the best path for you.
Your next step is to find your Course Progression. Your Course Progression will guide you when selecting units to enrol in.
- To find your Course Progression start on the Southern Cross University home page (scu.edu.au), navigate to the search bar to find your course.
- Type your course name or course code if you know it in the search box. You can click from the options that appear or click find a course.
- Click on your course. Ensure that you are choosing the relevant year that you start study.
- Scroll down the course information page, select 'Course Requirements' and then scroll down until you see the Course Structure heading. Here you can see the Schedule of Units for your course.
- Click on ‘Course progressions’ under the Course Structure heading.
- Choose the Course Progression option for your commencement. If you are studying in Session 1, 2 or 3 there is a guided Course Progression for that study period.
- Make a note of the specified units for enrolment. These are the units that you will choose when you head to your My Enrolment page to enrol.
You can click the link for each unit, you will be able to find out more information about the unit and the content you will be learning including prescribed texts, unit availability and pre-requisite information. This is really handy when choosing elective unit/s.
The Course Requirements tab for your course has some really useful information. If you are commencing study with Southern Cross University from 2021 it is likely that you will be required to choose your major or specialisation option in your Study Plan first before you can enrol in to units. This is where you can find out whether you are required to choose a Major or Specialisations as part of your course and what options are available to you.
Each drop down shows you which units you will study as part of that Major or Specialisation. Once you have decided and you are ready to enrol you can refer to the How to add a Major or Minor Video for assistance with the next step.
If you commenced study in a year earlier than listed on the web, this next video is a guide to assist you to find your Course Progression.
- You can find your Course Progression by going to the Handbook link above the Course Requirements tab.
- Use the 'Choose a year' drop down to find the year that you commenced study and then locate and click on your course.
- You will be able to find your Course Requirements and Course Progression by clicking on these titles from the left-hand side menu bar.
This video is prepared by Client Services within Student Administration Services at Southern Cross University.
If you require any assistance after watching this video please feel free to contact us.
How to add a Major/Minor or Specialisation to your Study Plan – Transcript
This video is a guide to assist you with adding a Major/ Minor or Specialisation to your Study Plan at Southern Cross University.
Major/Minors are areas of in-depth study or specialisation within a course, consisting of a sequence of units in a single discipline.
Before watching this video, it is helpful to first watch the ‘How to find your Course Progression’ video. If you are unsure if you are required to choose a Major/ Minor or Specialisation for your course, please contact us, the Client Services team for more information.
How to select your Major/Minor or Specialisation to expand your Study Plan
- Start by Logging into your My Enrolment page, navigate to the Study Plans tab, click ‘Select’ next to the course that has the admitted status.
- To display the course options, click the ‘Choose’ button on the right-hand side.
- To add an option to your Study Plan, click ‘Add to Study Planner’.
- From the next page you can choose to Remove the option from your Study Planner by clicking ‘Remove from Study Planner’ otherwise click, ‘Save Changes on Study Planner’.
As you can see here this Bachelor of Arts student will need to choose their course option first. You can use the link at the top of your Study Plan to navigate to the Course Requirements tab for your course and find out more information about your course options.
As you will see when you return to your Study Plan, you can expand the course option and now you will need to choose the major option.
- Click 'Choose' from the right-hand side. Listed will be the Major options available for your course. You can refer back to the Course Structure page to view the Major options.
- To add the Major click, ‘Add to Study Planner’ from the right-hand side. You will then have the option to ‘Remove from Study Planner’ if you wish or click, ‘Save Changes on Study Planner’.
- Once your Study Plan page loads you can then go ahead and enrol into units that are available (highlighted in blue), if part of your Course Progression.
How to add a Major or Minor to your Study Plan when your Study Plan is already expanded
- Start in the Study Plans tab of your My Enrolment page.
- You can view the Major study areas available to you by navigating to the Major line in your Study Plan.
- Click ‘Choose’ on the far-right hand side to display the major study areas available. The next page will display a list of the Majors available for your course.
- Once you know which major you are adding to your course click ‘Add to Study Planner’ from the right-hand side.
- From this page you can see a list of units that are included in the major you have selected as well as the other Major options. If you are not sure if this Major is the right selection you can click ‘Remove from Study Planner’ or your can ‘Discard changes and return to Study Plan’, ‘Choose a different Study Plan’ or ‘Save Changes on Study Planner’ from the options at the bottom.
- Once you have clicked ‘Save Changes on Study Planner’ this will add the Major to your Study Plan and automatically take you back to your Study Plan page.
Once you return back to your Study Plans page you can see your Major on your Study Plan, you can expand the major to view the units on your Study Plan by clicking the (+) plus sign. If the units were available to enrol into they would also be highlighted in blue. You can now go ahead and enrol into any units that are available to enrol in to.
In some case you may have the option to choose either a major/minor or electives depending on your Course Structure. As you can see here this student can choose either the Minor option or four Electives.
To add a Minor to your Study Plan
- Click ‘Choose’ from the right-hand side.
- Using the drop-down menu bar. Click Minors from the options and then Search.
- The next page will load the minor options available for your course. You can add your minor to your study plan by clicking 'Add to Study Planner' from the right-hand side.
- On the next page, click ‘Save Changes on Study Planner’.
- Return to your Study Plan to enrol in unit/s, if part of your ‘Course Progression’.
How to Change your Major/Minor options when you have already passed some units
If you have already completed some units in your Major or Minor selection but you would now like to change, this will need to be evaluated by our Client Services Team. Please reach out to us for guidance and advice.
This video is prepared by Client Services, within Student Administration Services at Southern Cross University.
If you require any assistance after watch this video please feel free to contact us, the Client Services Team.