Unit Approval Request (UAR)

A Unit Approval Request (UAR) is used when you are unable to self-enrol within My Enrolment and therefore need to seek approval to enrol into a particular unit(s).

Prior to seeking approval, you must ensure that you have reviewed your course progression or sought advice from Client Services or The Hotel School, depending on your course.

There are a number of reasons why you may be unable to self-enrol and therefore require approval to:

  • Waive a requisite(s)
  • Enrol in a fifth unit in one teaching period
  • Substitute a unit
  • Enrol late or request a change to enrolment location
  • Enrol in an online unit (International students only)
  • Enrol in a professional experience (Education students) or field education (Community Welfare and Social Work students) unit

To submit a UAR, you may first like to view the video on How to Submit a Unit Approval Request Form that describes how to complete the form or go straight to the form within the eForms (CiA) tab in My Enrolment.

Once this form is submitted it will be assessed and you will receive an outcome notification to your student email.

If applicable, you will be able to register into your classes once Class Registration opens for the upcoming Term (7 week teaching period) or Session (15 week teaching period). If you are unsure, check the My SCU unit site prior to the teaching period commencing.