Future student undergraduate scholarships
2019 Scholarship Applications Now Open
Applications for 2019 commencing student scholarships are now open. Our full selection of scholarships for 2019 is still being finalised. But you can apply online today to be considered for all eligible scholarships.
Southern Cross University offers a range of scholarships to support future students commencing their first year of study. The various categories of scholarships are designed to not only recognise academic excellence but also contribute to and encourage student success and support disadvantaged students undertaking our courses.
How to apply
Most undergraduate domestic applicants will only need to apply online once and will be considered for all donor funded scholarships that they are eligible for.
Some future student scholarships — the The Hotel School Sydney and the The Hotel School Melbourne New Student Scholarships for example — have their own application process and you need to refer to their page for more information.
Southern Cross Scholars — new in 2018
To celebrate the launch of a new range of innovative degrees including Australia’s first degree in coastal engineering, Southern Cross University has doubled its scholarship pool for 2018 with the launch of Southern Cross Scholars.
Applications open in September — closing for Session 1, 2018 on 8 December 2017
- From 15 December 2017
Early Round Scholarships
Early round scholarships are only available to Year 12 school leavers within the SCU footprint. Students must either:
- Apply for and receive offers of admission via the STAR Entry Scheme
- Be currently admitted into the SCU Head-Start Program in Session 2, 2017
- Successfully completed the SCU Head-Start in 2016 or in Session 1, 2017
Applications open 1 June 2017 — closing 20 September 2017
- QLD: October 2017
- NSW: November 2017
Main Round Scholarships
Main Round Scholarships are available to any future student commencing (their first year) at Southern Cross University (except where criteria has indicated recent Year 12 only). Scholarships will be offered after the UAC and QTAC main admission rounds.
Applications open 1 July 2017 — closing 20 December 2017.
- Shortlisting from late December 2017 — 10 January 2018.
- Main Round Scholarship offers made from mid-January 2018.
Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships
Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships are available to the top male and top female ATAR/OP per campus.
See the Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships page for more information on number available and value.
There is no application process for the Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships, these are awarded directly to Year 12 school leavers based on their Year 12 results and application to study at Southern Cross University. Applications made through UAC or QTAC will need to list an SCU course as first preference.
Offers made from 14December 2017 following the public release of year 12 results.
For more information contact the Scholarships Office.
Scholarships on offer
The following provides a list of scholarships on offer grouped by schools. For further information on each scholarship, click the scholarship name to view its selection criteria.
Any undergraduate degree
- Southern Cross Scholars — New in 2018
- Bowen Education Fund Scholarship
- The Louise Morgan Head-Start Scholarship
- Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships
Any bachelor degree
School of Education
School of Environment, Science and Engineering
- Fuji Xerox Business Centre Engineering Scholarship
- Fuji Xerox Business Centre Environmental Sciences Scholarship
- Rous County Council Scholarship
School of Health and Human Sciences
- Fuji Xerox Business Centre Health Sciences Scholarship
- The Lord’s Taverners (Northern NSW) University Scholarship
School of Law and Justice
2017 scholarships that may be re-offered in 2018
- Impact Environmental Waste Conference Scholarship
- Mary Dent Music Scholarship
- Mayor of Lismore Scholarship
- North Coast TAFE Pathways Scholarship
- Southern Gold Coast Tourism Management Scholarship
- Summerland Credit Union Scholarship
- Quota International of Alstonville/Wollongbar Club Scholarship