Future student undergraduate scholarships
2019 Scholarship Applications Now Open
Applications for 2019 commencing student scholarships are now open. Our full selection of scholarships for 2019 is still being finalised. But you can apply online today to be considered for all eligible scholarships.
Southern Cross University offers a range of scholarships to support future students commencing their first year of study. The various categories of scholarships are designed to not only recognise academic excellence but also contribute to and encourage student success and support disadvantaged students undertaking our courses.
How to apply
Most undergraduate domestic applicants will only need to apply online once and will be considered for all donor funded scholarships that they are eligible for.
Some future student scholarships — the The Hotel School Sydney and the The Hotel School Melbourne New Student Scholarships for example — have their own application process and you need to refer to their page for more information.
Early Round Scholarships
Early round scholarships are only available to Year 12 school leavers within the SCU footprint. Students must either:
- Apply for and receive offers of admission via the STAR Entry Scheme
- Be currently admitted into the SCU Head-Start Program in Session 2, 2018
- Successfully completed the SCU Head-Start in 2017 or in Session 1, 2018
Applications open 1 August 2018 — closing 30 September 2018
- QLD: October 2018
- NSW: November 2018
Main Round Scholarships
Main Round Scholarships are available to any future student commencing (their first year) at Southern Cross University (except where criteria has indicated recent Year 12 only). Scholarships will be offered after the UAC and QTAC main admission rounds.
Applications open 1 August 2018 — closing 20 December 2018.
- Shortlisting from late December 2018 — 10 January 2019.
- Main Round Scholarship offers made from mid-January 2019.
Merit Based Scholarships
These are fantastically valuable scholarships. The top of the range are the Vice Chancellor scholarships (maximum value of $32,000) offered automatically to any 2018 School Leaver choosing a Southern Cross University bachelor degree in 2019 and with an ATAR of 90 or OP of 5 or better. Unlimited number of places. Then there are the 25th Anniversary Scholarships — 25 lucky students with an ATAR of 85 or OP 7 or better who will receive $7,500 in 2019. And what about the first 20 students with an ATAR of 80 or OP 9 or better? These will receive $5,000 in 2019!
There is no application process for the Merit Based Scholarships, these are awarded directly to Year 12 school leavers based on their Year 12 results and application to study at Southern Cross University. Applications made through UAC or QTAC will need to list an SCU course as first preference.
Offers made from 14 December 2018 following the public release of year 12 results.
For more information contact the Scholarships Office.
Scholarships on offer
The following provides a list of scholarships on offer grouped by schools. For further information on each scholarship, click the scholarship name to view its selection criteria.
Any undergraduate degree
Any bachelor degree
- FNC Scholarship
- Mayor of Lismore Scholarship
- Merit-Based Scholarships
- Strengthening Participation Scholarship
Shool of Arts and Social Sciences
School of Education
School of Environment, Science and Engineering
- EAL Scholarship
- Fuji Xerox Business Centre Engineering Scholarship
- Fuji Xerox Business Centre Environmental Sciences Scholarship
School of Health and Human Sciences
- Fuji Xerox Business Centre Health Sciences Scholarship
- The Lord’s Taverners (Northern NSW) University Scholarship
2018 scholarships that may be re-offered in 2019
- Ballina Shire Council Scholarship
- Bowen Education Fund Scholarship
- Summerland Credit Union Scholarship
- Rous County Council Scholarship
- Far North Coast Law Society Scholarship