Southern Cross University Open Day Scholarship
This scholarship celebrates the importance of university education and the role Southern Cross University plays in transforming lives. The scholarship will be offered to a participant in a competition that is open to attendees of Southern Cross University Open Day (2021) — on-campus or virtual event. Attendees are invited to enter the competition by providing a compelling reason for their choice to study a bachelor degree at Southern Cross University in 2022 and who commences this academic journey before 30 June 2022.
Go to the Open Day Scholarship page to register for Open Day and submit your entry. Applications close 3 September 2021 – 5 pm Australian Eastern Standard time.
$15,000 total. Paid out in a minimum of six instalments spread over 3 years.
See Information for Recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
A future student commencing in any commonwealth supported Bachelor course of a minimum of three years duration undertaking with Australia and commenced in 2022 before the 30th June 2022.
Competitors in the Southern Cross University Open Day competition must:
- Be a domestic student (Australian or New Zealand citizen) or Permanent Resident of Australia or on a Permanent Humanitarian Visa issued by Australia;
- Will have attended and registered their attendance at a 2021 Southern Cross University Open Day event.
- Will have received an offer for a Bachelor degree program at Southern Cross University with a published minimum full time duration of three years. The competitor will commence their Bachelor degree program before 30 June 2022.
The successful selection of the 2022 recipient of the Southern Cross University Open Day Scholarship will be chosen on the following basis:
- The recipient will have provided a compelling reason for choosing to study at Southern Cross University.
- The explanation will have been achieved in 200 words using either essay or video format.
- The submission will be judged on its:
- Readability — Appropriate grammar and spelling if a written response, clarity of pronunciation if a spoken to video response.
- Originality of presentation.
- In a close contest the university reserves the right to consider the applicants demographics and academic aptitude when choosing a recipient.